Sunday, June 17, 2012

My Comments on Pete's Reading Post Week 4

Pete Episcopo's Official EMDTMS Month 11 Blog

Thursday, June 14, 2012


Resources: Thoughts on Tech & Media History

Media Issues with Ron Smith was an interview that resonated with me very much.  I found that many of the approaches Ron uses in the Academy of New Media in Hollywood, CA are in motion where I am, as well.  I especially liked the way he encourages his students to avoid PowerPoint and create projects for other academic classes using Flash.  We use Flash and After Effects as a point of delivery while Photoshop, Audition, iMovie, Garage Band, Logic Pro and Pro Tools are also utilized by the students.

The use of emerging technologies as a part of the student classroom experience is also a direction I applauded.  As Ron spoke about podcasting and flash movies, I thought about how our students now web conference, use Prezi and Popplet for mind mapping, blog and much more.  To have that kind of activity be included in a digital media program helps students prepare not only for digital careers but also moves them along in their pursuit of tech literacy.

I found this video to be very relevant to today's digital media instructor and a great resource for academic classes, as well.  By viewing it, all parties can get their arms around the place and purpose of these types of digital courses and how they relate to other courses on a student's schedule.

MelindaJune 17, 2012 8:59 PM     
URL: http://petemonth11.blogspot.com/  LINK TO PETE'S ENTIRE POST
 
Hi Pete, I am so inspired reading about your students using Flash and the other software to create projects. Since August when we began this adventure I have always looked forward to your presentations and/or postings. Your students are very fortunate to have you as their teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment